Silicone wristbands started out as a trend in the middle of the year 2000 but this accessory is still popular up to this day. Even if some wristbands are made of synthetic rubber substance, people still prefer to use wristbands made of silicone.
Silicone is made up of a bonded polymer component, which is known for its various elastomeric characteristics. Silicone functions like rubber but is more versatile. It can be used as an adhesive, sealant, medicine, lubricant, and insulator and even as a cooking utensil.
Since silicon is highly versatile, it is no longer just used in the industrial realm. It is now also used as a material for making recreational merchandise and accessories such as wristbands.
Instead of those made of rubber, silicone made wristbands are more patronized because they are more eco-friendly. They cause less harm to the environment.
Characteristics of Silicone Wristbands:
1. Water-resistant – Silicone is an ingredient used in making sealants for glass, metal, rubber, porcelain and tiles. It can be used indoors and outdoors to stop any kind of leaking. Because of the waterproof qualities of this kind of wristbands, you need not take them off if you plan to take a bath or take a dip at the swimming pool.
2. Elastic – As we already mentioned a while ago, silicone has elastomeric qualities. This quality is responsible for the elasticity of this kind of bands. They last for a long time even if they are worn everyday because they are flexible and elastic. Once they are worn, they stay secure because the silicone’s elastomeric nature prevents the band from slipping on the skin.
3. Heat Resistant – Since silicone is originally used as an insulator, wristbands made of this material are adequately heat resistant. Because of this, they can be worn outdoors even while the sun is high up without feeling uncomfortable.
4. Durable – Researchers have shown that because of its rare qualities, silicone is used in areas where high performance and durability is needed. It can survive even the harshest of conditions.
Again, this is why they can last for a long time without being damaged.
Kinds of Silicone wristbands
Because of the growing number of people who use wristbands, manufacturers have started to design several kinds of wristbands. Here are some of the many kinds of silicone wristbands available on the market:
1. Debussed Wristbands – They made by molding the design or the words directly into the wristband. This kind is the most popular these days.
2. Embossed Wristbands – Unlike the debussed style, the design or the words are not engraved into the bands. Instead, they are raised above the exterior of the band. In this kind of band, the design and the words stand out more.
3. Color Filled Wristbands – This is a variation of the debussed style. Here, a layer of paint is added to a debussed wristband. The recessed areas are filled with color to provide a fascinating contrast to the band.
4. Color Coated Wristbands – This kind is made by first coating the band with the type of paint that the client chooses. The design or the words are then engraved into the bands causing the engraved design or words to show the original color of the band.
5. One Inch Wristbands – This is ideal for people who want to turn heads with their wristbands. Since the usual size of wristbands is only a half inch, this one-inch bands will give the client more room for design.
Other kinds of wristbands available are ¾ inch, segmented, swirled, silk screened, key chained and mircobands. Many wristband users are also crazy about the innovation, which is the fingerband.
Wristbands’ Available Online
So as not to be left behind by their competitors, many manufacturers have also set up their own websites so that their consumers could reach them more easily.
The best thing about ordering wristbands online is that they have the build and order feature to make the process easier for you. First, you will be asked to choose a wristband type, size and the number of wristbands that you wish to order. The second step is to choose the color you want for your band. Next, you have to provide them with the imprint you want on both sides of your band.
Finally, they will generate the payment information. After paying, all you have to do is wait for your silicone wristbands.